How to be successful- With these 3 easy and tasty summer salads!
From a classic green salad to unconventional, but delicious, twists on the usual, mix things up by serving one of these unique salads
Aubergine and broccoli salad
- Preheat oven to 220° C.
- Slice the aubergine about 1/2 cm thick.
- In a large bowl, mix the cumin, honey, salt and pepper and about 2 T vegetable oil together.
- Toss the aubergine slices into the mixture and make sure they are all coated.
- Lay them out on a baking tray and place in the oven for about 10-15 minutes or until just starting to brown.
- Cut the broccoli florets into flat trees (the same thickness as the aubergine).
- Great the garlic and peel and grate the ginger on the small (not smallest) eye of the grater
- Toss the broccoli in a pan with a little vegetable oil and the ginger and garlic, season well until just done.
- Skin and dice the plum into small blocks.
- Lay the aubergines and the broccoli onto a platter and crumble over the goats cheese.
- Garnish with the diced plum.
Easy vegetarian nachos
- Brush the veg with oil and braai or griddle for 10 min, turning, until tender.
- Warm the tortilla chips in an ovenproof dish with the mozzarella, to melt, on the braai or in a hot oven.
- Mix together all the dressing ingredients, then cut the corn off the cob and add to the tortillas with the rest of the grilled veg. Drizzle over the dressing and serve immediately.
- Remove the stem and thinly slice the cabbages.
- Peel the carrots and grate.
- Chop the peppers into small dice.
- Place the cabbages, carrots and peppers into a large bowl.
- Add the Rhodes Whole Kernel Corn and toss well to mix.
- To make the dressing mix the mayonnaise, Rhodes Honey, white wine vinegar, milk and prepared mustard together.
- Season to taste with the salt and black pepper.
- Add half of the dressing to the slaw mix and toss well until all the vegetables are evenly coated.
- Add the remaining dressing if desired.
- Refrigerate until serving.